Works In Progress (available on request):
- "The Local Geography of Transnational Terrorist Attacks." (With Alex Braithwaite, Josiah Marineau, and Joseph Young.) Paper draft here.
- "Modeling Dynamic Violence: Integrating Events Data Analysis and Agent-Based Modeling." (With Steve Shellman and Joe Young)
- "Geographical Approaches in the Study of Terrorism." Paper prepared for inclusion in the Oxford Handbook of Terrorism. (With Brian Lange, Megan Thomas, and Joe Young.) Paper draft here.
Published (see Publications page):
- "Terrorism, Spoiling, and the Resolution of Civil Wars." (With Joseph K. Young.) Journal of Politics.
- Global Shell Games: Experiments in Transnational Relations, Crime, and Terrorism. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. (With Daniel Nielson and J.C. Sharman)
- "Funding Terror." 2014. University of Pennsylvania Law Review. (With Shima Baradaran, Daniel Nielson, and J.C. Sharman)
- "Radicalism of the Hopeless: Refugee Flows and Transnational Terrorism." Journal of Conflict Resolution. (With Daniel Milton and Megan Spencer.)
- "Terrorism and Civil War: A Spatial and Temporal Approach to a Conceptual Problem." 2012. Perspectives on Politics. (With Joe Young)
- "Killing Civilians or Holding Territory? How to Think About Terrorism." 2012. International Studies Review. (With Victor Asal, Luis De La Calle, and Joseph Young.)
- "More Combatant Groups, More Terror? Empirical Tests of an Outbidding Logic." 2012. Terrorism and Political Violence. (With Joe Young)
- "Games Rivals Play: Terrorism in International Rivalries." 2012. Journal of Politics. (With Jim Piazza and Joe Young)
- "Can Peace Be Purchased? A Sectoral-Level Analysis of Aid's Influence on Transnational Terrorism" 2011. Public Choice. (With Joe Young)
- "Promises and Pitfalls of Terrorism Research." 2011. International Studies Review. (With Joe Young)
- "Terrorism, Democracy, and Credible Commitments." 2011. International Studies Quarterly. (With Joe Young)
- "Fighting Fire with Fire?: How (Not) to Neutralize an Insurgency." 2007. Civil Wars. (With Joe Young)
- "Terror, Conflict Processes, Organizations, & Ideologies: Completing the Picture.'" National Science Foundation Grant. $467,000. (With Steve Shellman, Ryan Bakker, Remco Chang, and Joe Young.)